Ottawa Public Well being is reporting 36 new circumstances of COVID-19 and one new demise within the metropolis in Friday’s replace.
The bounce in circumstances comes on a day when 131 new circumstances have been reported provincewide.
That is the best variety of new circumstances reported in a single day since July 21, when 43 circumstances have been reported. OPH’s figures differ barely from the figures come from Ontario’s day by day epidemiologic abstract, the place 37 new circumstances have been reported, however OPH’s report on Thursday was 12 new circumstances versus 11 reported by the province. Each entities at the moment are reporting the identical cumulative complete.
Well being Minister Christine Elliott stated the elevated variety of circumstances throughout Ontario is the results of 11 public well being models that hadn’t reported information on Thursday updating their figures on Friday. Ottawa was not a type of well being models.
Along with new circumstances in Ottawa, provincial well being officers reported two from the Jap Ontario Well being Unit, one from Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Well being and one from the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Well being Unit.
In response to Ottawa Public Well being’s COVID-19 dashboard, there have been 2,794 complete lab-confirmed circumstances of COVID-19 in Ottawa residents for the reason that first case was confirmed on March 11.
One further demise was reported on Friday, bringing the town’s demise toll from COVID-19 to 266. That is the second demise reported in August. In response to dashboard info, a girl in her 60s died.
OPH says six persons are at the moment in hospital, with zero in intensive care.
The variety of identified lively circumstances rose to 147 in Friday’s replace, pushed by the big enhance in new lab-confirmed circumstances.
Eleven new circumstances are thought-about resolved, for a complete of two,381 or 85.2 per cent of all identified circumstances within the metropolis to this point.
The variety of lively circumstances is the variety of complete lab-confirmed circumstances minus the numbers of resolved circumstances and deaths. A case is taken into account resolved 14 days after identified symptom onset or constructive check consequence.
CASES BY AGE
Nineteen of the 36 new circumstances reported by Ottawa Public Well being are in folks underneath the age of 30, with ten circumstances in folks of their 20s.
Here’s a breakdown of all identified COVID-19 circumstances in Ottawa by age class:
- 0-9 years outdated: Six new circumstances (107 circumstances complete, 24 lively)
- 10-19 years-old: Three new circumstances (177 circumstances complete, 24 lively)
- 20-29 years-old: Ten new circumstances (460 circumstances complete, 35 lively)
- 30-39 years-old: Six new circumstances (378 circumstances complete, 19 lively)
- 40-49 years-old: 4 new circumstances (350 circumstances complete, 12 lively)
- 50-59 years-old: 4 new circumstances (376 circumstances complete, 20 lively)
- 60-69-years-old: Two new circumstances (274 circumstances complete, eight lively)
- 70-79 years-old: Zero new circumstances (195 circumstances complete, three lively)
- 80-89 years-old: Zero new circumstances (277 circumstances complete, Zero lively)
- 90+ years: One new case (200 circumstances complete, 2 lively)
There are three lively outbreaks in congregate care settings in Ottawa.
The outbreak at Mothercraft Ottawa Dwelling Youngster Care has ended. There was one case in a toddler.
The next areas are experiencing outbreaks:
- Billingswood Manor
- Carling Household Shelter
- St. Louis Residence
A single laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 in a resident or employees member of a long-term care house, retirement house or shelter triggers an outbreak response, in response to Ottawa Public Well being. In childcare settings, a single confirmed, symptomatic case in a employees member, house daycare supplier, or youngster triggers an outbreak.
Click on right here for the newest figures on all institutional outbreaks in Ottawa.